Balance 2020 Online
“Creating an optimum training and playing environment for players”
The GPA are delighted to be hosting the second annual GPA Player Welfare Conference on Saturday 12th September.
Following a hugely successful event in 2019 which featured expert speakers in sports and exercise medicine from a range of national and international sports, this year’s conference will be hosted through a virtual conference. Our theme for 2020 will focus on ‘Creating an Optimum Training and Playing Environment for Players’. The online conference will feature another exciting line up of expert national and international speakers who will present on best practice from both academic and field-based perspective, on the holistic approach of preparing athletes to perform at optimum level.
It will provide GAA sporting practitioners an opportunity to hear from leading sports professionals discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and elite best practice techniques in the field of coaching, Athlete wellbeing, Strength and Conditioning, sports medicine.
This year’s event which will be hosted by Ger Gilroy from Off the Ball, features a range of speakers from a cross the sporting spectrum including:
- Brendan Schwab (Executive Director, World Players Association)
- Dean Ritchie (Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach, Gold Coast Suns FC)
- Feargal Kerin (Physiotherapist, Leinster Rugby)
- Jessie Barr (Performance Psychologist, Sport Ireland Institute)
- Damien Hughes (High Performance Consultant, LiquidThinker)
- Conor O’Shea (Head of Performance, England RFU)
- Caicairbre O’Cairealláin (Strength and Conditioning Coach, Tipperary GAA)
This event is being hosted by the GPA’s Player Safety and Welfare Committee
- Jim O’Donovan (Chairman) Sports and Exercise Medicine Consultant
- Ciaran McDonald Doctor
- Enda King Head of Rehabillitation Sports Surgery Clinic
- James Sherry Physiotherapist
- David Breen First team Physiotherapist Wasps Rugby
- Brendan Egan Associate Professor of Sport and Exercise Physiology DCU
- Walter Palmer Former General Secretary EU Athletes
To register for the event, click on the link below.
The programme will run from 9am-1pm on Saturday 12th September.
For more information contact email@example.com