Applications sought for GPA Official Charity Partner 2023
The Gaelic Players Association are accepting applications to become our Official Charity Partner for 2023.
The successful applicant will succeed Cliona’s Foundation as our Official Charity Partner. €80,000 was raised to help the families of sick children all over Ireland as a result of that partnership in 2022, while the association with inter-county players also helped shine a light on the Limerick based charity.
As part of the partnership the GPA will provide the following to its new Official Charity Partner:
- Designation of Official Charity Partner 2023 and lock up logo
- €10,000 donation
- 4 players (1 each from hurling and camogie plus 1 male and 1 female footballer) for a launch event to be organised jointly
- Opportunity to sell 15 x tables at the GPA’s Legends Lunch event (indicative table cost is €2500)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com on or before Friday, December 16th including the following key information:
- Organisation name, address and charity number
- Point of contact within organisation including contact details
- Copy of/link to organisation’s latest annual report which includes audited accounts
- 250 words (maximum) summarizing why the organisation would be a good fit with the GPA and outlining how funds raised would be used
The successful applicant will be notified before January 31st 2023. The decision will be made by a three person GPA committee comprising of GPA CEO Tom Parsons, Head of Communications Kieran McSweeney and Events Manager Karen Thorpe.