The GPA is recruiting for an exceptional marketing and communications professional with creativity, passion an extensive knowledge of GAA players lives and the GAA environment who will be responsible for GPA brand strategy, membership communication, external communication and stakeholder management.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Marketing & Communications will have overall responsibility for the marketing and communications strategy for the organisation. A key feature of this role will involve communication and relationship management with players, building relationships with representatives in the GAA, key stakeholders, media and the wider public. This position incorporates full responsibility for the delivery of all aspects of GPA marketing and communications.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Shaping and executing the marketing and communications strategy.
- Developing and promoting the GPA brand.
- Promoting player and stakeholder understanding of the GPA’s work.
- Developing content for use across all publications and media platforms.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of digital and social media platforms.
- Managing media relations and events.
- You have significant marketing, communications and PR experience.
- Possess a deep understanding of and empathy for the experiences of inter-county players on and off the field.
- Excellent experience of managing diverse stakeholder groups.
- A successful track record developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans.
- A thorough understanding of all on and offline media platforms and the delivery of successful campaigns.
Dalríada Executive Search & Selection has been retained as our partner to manage this recruitment process.
For a confidential discussion, please call Roger Duffy, Executive Consultant, Dalríada Executive Search & Selection on + 353 1 634 4646 or + 353 87 952 6489.
Further information including application procedures and job description is available by emailing: GPA@dalriada.ie.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 24th March 2017.